A few months ago Nathan Kennedy introduced his excellent "teleduino" service that allows very easy control of an Arduino over the Internet with http commands. And now the service has been upgraded to allow control of an Arduino Mega board as well. Teleduino is amazingly simple to use - and free. From the teleduino website:
Using the Teleduino platform, you can perform the following tasks with your Arduino via the simple web service:
- Reset, ping, get uptime, get free memory.
- Define pin modes, set digital outputs, set analog outputs, read digital inputs, read analog inputs, or read all inputs with a single API call.
- Define up to 2 'banks' (4 for the Mega) of shift registers. Each 'bank' can contain up to 32 cascaded shift registers, giving a total of 512 digital outputs (1024 for the Mega).
- Shift register outputs can be set, or merged, and expire times can be set on merges (you could set an output(s) high for X number of milliseconds).
- Define, and read and write from serial port (4 for the Mega).
- Read and write from EEPROM.
- Define and position up to 6 servos (48 for the Mega).
- Interface with I2C (TWI) sensors and devices.
- Set preset values for the above functions, which get set during boot. Preset values are stored in the first 178 bytes of the EEPROM (413 for the Mega).
And of course it works with the Freetronics EtherMega board! So for more information and to get started check out the teleduino website. And for more, we're on twitter and Google+, so follow us for news and product updates as well.
If you're projects need a lot of Arduino I/O, more memory space and full Ethernet compatibility - it's time to upgrade to the Freetronics EtherMega:
Quite simple the EtherMega is the fully-loaded Arduino-compatible board on the market today. Apart from being completely Arduino Mega2560-compatible, it includes full Ethernet interface, a microSD card socket, full USB interface, optional Power-over-Ethernet support and still has a circuit prototyping area with extra I2C interface pins. So if your project is breaking the limits, upgrade to the EtherMega today.