Temperature Sensor Module
Sprinkle these around your house to collect temperature data using your Arduino. This DS18B20-based 1-wire bus temperature sensor module is easy to connect and use, and you can even daisy-chain several together on the same wire. 0.5°C accuracy and fast response.
The DS18B20 temperature sensor used on this module was featured in the book "Practical Arduino" in the Online Temperature Sensor project, so this module is perfect for building that project. We've also written up an updated version of that project using our Ethernet Shield with PoE Support, complete with example code that makes it almost a copy-and-paste exercise to add these to your home automation system or datalogger!
- -55 to +125°C temperature range
- +/-0.5°C accuracy
- Selectable 9 or 12 bit precision
- Arduino compatible library and examples support
- Unique device ID coded into every sensor
- Two sets of header connections to allow easy daisy-chaining
- Dimensions: 23(W) x 16(H) x 6(D)mm
The module includes mounting holes suitable for M3 or 1/8" bolts, and a flat rear face so you can easily glue it to any surface.
Available here now or at a Freetronics reseller near you.
- Temperature Sensor Module Quickstart Guide
- TEMP Schematic and Reference (PDF)
- IC datasheet (DS18B20) (PDF)
- Design files
- TEMP (70)