Security Sensor Shield Kit for Arduino
Retired: This product has been replaced by the Security Sensor Shield.
This shield allows up to 4 security sensors to be connected to an Arduino with full End-Of-Line (EOL) support to detect tampering with the sensors or cable. End-Of-Line technology allows the system to detect a variety of events using a single cable pair to the sensor, including:
- Sensor triggered.
- Sensor cable cut.
- Sensor cable short-circuited.
- Sensor housing opened (even when system is disarmed)
Supported sensor types include:
- PIR (passive infrared) motion detectors.
- Microwave motion detectors.
- Reed switches.
- Glass break detectors.
- Gas detectors.
- Smoke detectors.
Compatible with the Freetronics TwentyTen, Arduino Uno, Arduino Duemilanove, and other compatible boards based on the same header format.
The design is identical to the circuit used in the "Security / Automation Sensors" project in the book Practical Arduino, so this shield is a perfect way to build that project very simply and easily without messing around with a prototyping shield and lots of jumper wires. The full operation of the circuit including the EOL functionality is described in the book.
- Supports 4 sensor channels simultaneously.
- Sensor power supply totally isolated from the Arduino.
- Red "Status" LED for each sensor channel to show sensor activity.
- Green "Power" LED to show when the sensor power supply is active.
- Blue "Power" LED to show when the Arduino is supplying power to the shield.
- Reset button wired through to Arduino reset pin.
- 100nF bypass/smoothing capacitor on Arduino supply rail.
- Overlay guide where you need it: both top and bottom.
- Gold-plated PCB surface: solders easily and very resistant to finger oil, etc.
This shield is available either as a kit for you to assemble yourself, or fully pre-assembled so you can just plug it in and get started right away. It uses through-hole parts so there is no surface-mount assembly required, and takes about 15 to 45 minutes to assemble depending on your level of experience.
- SH-SECSENSE (0)
- SH-SECSENSE-ASSMBLD (0)