RFID Lock Shield Kit
This product has been retired. It has been replaced by the DLOCK Door Lock Shield: www.freetronics.com/dlock
This shield allows your Arduino to control a door lock using an electric strike plate and one of a number of commonly-available RFID modules, and is based on the circuit described in the "RFID Access Control System" project in the book "Practical Arduino".
Note: Does not include the RFID reader module itself. You need to purchase that separately.
Supported reader modules include:
- HF MultiTag
- On-board 9V regulator to power Arduino from strike plate power supply.
- Reset button wired through to Arduino reset pin.
- Blue "Arduino power on" LED.
- Green "External power supply on" LED.
- Red "Strike plate activated" LED.
- 100nF bypass/smoothing capacitors on 5V and 9V rails.
- Overlay guide where you need it: both top and bottom.
- Uses through-hole parts for easy assembly.
What's in the box?
- Gold-plated Freetronics RFID Lock Shield PCB with overlay on both top and bottom.
- All the required supporting parts.
- The fully illustrated RFID Lock Shield Assembly Guide, which is also available online.
- RFID Lock Shield Assembly Guide
- RFID Lock Shield Schematic (PDF) (Soon)
- RFID Lock Shield design files on GitHub
- Example sketch from Practical Arduino
- "RFID Lock Shield" section of the Freetronics Forum
- SH-RFIDLOCK (0)