If you're interested in making your own robot, or have heard about NodeBots and want to join in the fun - now you can with the new Freetronics SimpleBot Shield Kit for Arduino:
Once assembled, the SimpleBot Shield gives you an excellent platform for building an interactive robot or NodeBot and features:
- Ultrasonic rangefinder sensor for obstacle avoidance.
- Light dependent resistor (LDR) wired for ambient light sensing, or to use lights for signalling.
- Four full colour RGB WS2812 "NeoPixel"-type LEDs - one for each corner of the robot.
- Servo headers, including two headers to attach "continuous rotation servos" to use as motors.
- An on-board 6V power supply for optimal servo performance
Getting started is easy - the SimpleBot shield fits neatly over your Freetronics Eleven or other Arduino-compatible, and can also be used with your Raspberry Pi in conjunction with a Freetronics PiLeven board:
For more information about our new SimpleBot Shield Kit for Arduino and to order - visit the product page. And to keep up with new products, news and more - follow us on facebook, twitter and Google+.