DMD: Dot Matrix Display 32x16 Red
A huge dot matrix LED panel to connect to your Freetronics Eleven, EtherTen and more! This large, bright 512 LED matrix panel has on-board controller circuitry designed to make it easy to use straight from your board. Clocks, status displays, graphics readouts and all kinds of impressive display projects are easy to create using this display.
The photos don't do this display justice: it's stunningly bright, so put on your sunglasses before you fire it up!
To make it really easy to get started we include a breakout board and ribbon cable along with the display module, so you can plug it straight in to an Arduino-compatible board and start playing with it right away.
- 32 x 16 high brightness Red LEDs (512 LEDs total) on a 10mm pitch
- 5V operation
- Viewable over 12 metres away
- Tough plastic frame
- Controller ICs on board, simple clocked data interface
- Arduino compatible library, graphics functions and example support
- Dimensions: 320(W) x 160(H) x 14(D)mm (30mm(D) including rear connectors)
- Dot Matrix Display Quickstart Guide (1MB PDF)
- Using your Dot Matrix Display
- Dot Matrix Display Driver library (software, example and demo program, install notes) on github
Note the [ZIP] button on github allows you to download the whole library package as a zip file
- Daisy-chaining multiple displays
- Discuss in the forum
- DMDCON DMD Connector board Schematic (PDF)
- Making a laser-cut desk stand for the DMD
- DMDRED (32)