ESP-01 WiFi Module Shield
The ESP-01 WiFi Module Shield lets you easily plug an ESP-01 WiFi Module into your Arduino.
Note: ESP-01 WiFi Module not included.
The ESP-01 is a very popular module based on the ESP8266 chipset that lets you add WiFi support to your project. However, you can't connect it directly to a typical Arduino because it uses 3.3V data pins for communication (not 5V) and it requires a high-current 3.3V power supply. It also needs a mode pin to be set correctly in order to operate.
This shield takes care of all those problems and lets you simply plug in your ESP-01, load a sketch, and communicate with it directly from your Arduino. Easy!
- 3.3V regulator dedicated to the module to ensure sufficient current capacity
- Logic level shifters on TX/RX lines: compatible with both 3.3V and 5V Arduino models
- Selectable TX/RX pins: use D0/D1 for hardware serial, or D2 - D7 for software serial
- CH_PD pin on ESP-01 module pre-biased for correct operation mode
- Extra ESP-01 pins broken out for your own connections
- Prototyping area with 5V and GND rails
- All Arduino headers broken out for easy connections
- Stacking R3-style Arduino headers including the ICSP header
- ESP-01 WiFi Module Shield quickstart guide
- NURDs documentation for the ESP-01 module / ESP8266
- ESP8266 community forum
- ESP8266 WIFI Facebook group
- ESP8266 guide on Instructables
- ESP8266 guide on Labradoc
- ESP8266 Quick Start
- Overview of the ESP-0x series modules
- Discuss on the forum
- Schematic PDF (v1.0)
- Schematic PDF (v2.0)
- Schematic PDF (v3.0)
- Design files
- ESP1SH (4)