Public Holiday Closure
Due to the postal service being closed here in Melbourne, Australia, any orders placed now will be shipped on Monday October 3rd.
4-Channel Power-over-Ethernet Midspan Injector
Power-over-Ethernet uses your LAN to send power via the network cable to whatever device you have connected at the other end, saving you the hassle of plugging the device in to both the network and to power. PoE lets you centralise your power supplies.
Home-brew PoE typically involves trimming back part of a LAN cable, separating out the relevant pairs of cable, cutting them, and soldering on a power socket so you can connect a plug-pack. That works fine, but it's ugly, fiddly, and takes time. Our 4-Channel Power-over-Ethernet Midspan Injector is the solution! Just unplug your LAN cables from your switch, plug them into the "device" ports on the injector, run short LAN cables from your switch to the "switch" ports on the injector, and plug in whatever wall-wart power supply you have handy. Done! No soldering required.
Note: this module does not provide proper, standards-compliant 802.3af PoE support. But it's a whole lot cheaper, and works with just about any home-brew PoE system.
Works great with our Ethernet Shield with PoE support: connect a 12V power source and fit the jumpers directly on the shield at the other end, or connect a 16V or 24V power source and combine it with our Power-over-Ethernet Regulator 14-24V.
- 2.1mm power jack suits many common wall-wart (plug-pack) supplies. Same connector as used on Arduino.
- Input voltage 7V to 24V, either AC or DC, any polarity. Bridge rectifier converts any input to a known-polarity DC output.
- Output voltage is the DC version of whatever you feed into it.
- "Power on" indicator LED.
- Four channels: suitable for powering up to four devices.
- INJ4CH (30)